Thursday, August 23, 2007

NQA Conference




This past weekend I attended the National Qi Gong conference and had an amazing time, it was fabulous.

I learned that Minnesota is known as the land of the "10,000 lakes" because there is really more than that many around the twin cities! I just referred my new friend in Minn. to a Healing Tao instructor in the area who offers a nice, free, hour-long lecture/practice session on his website along with other resources.

The author of this valuable hour long teaching at the above link holds a degree in International Relations from U. of Wisconsin, Madison. (Interestingly, Bryan also has an account on the integral-minded networking site, Zaadz.com my space on this site is: http://onelove.zaadz.com and was turned on to Qi Gong in a similar way that I was, in a Zen-like fashion, at a concert!) .

At the NQA I was amazed by how much wisdom was present in one location. Literally, I feel my "inner light" shining amazingly high after networking with so many accomplished mind-body mediators, researchers, educators and compassionately wise ones this past week (at Whidbey Island)/weekend (at the NQA)! I got to attend classes with Jampa Mackenzie Stuart, Michael Winn, Solala Towler, and be surrounded by acupuncturists, shiatsu therapists, tantrics, holistic health and Chinese medicine leaders, ethicists, shamans, sages, dancers, doctors, psychologists, authors, warriors, many highly skilled martial artists, life saving doctors, accomplished meditators and zen practitioners, yogis, a massage school owner, the leaders of numerous holistic schools, many many master teachers, the entire NQA board of directors and even a celibate Christian monk psychologist, the producer of the below documentary who I learned is on the Board of Ed for the state of Hawaii and will be working with, people researching school reform, ordained Taoist priests, war veterans, Mark Johnson (see second post), great new friends at awisdomcenter.com and from all around the country, and the leader of the International Institute of Medical Qi Gong, Bernard Shannon...

I am glad to have networked with a couple people researching qi gong for our next generations. I connected these people with the International Institute for Peace Education which they were glad to learn about. The IIPE people, I know from 2 weeks ago, are looking for this sort of curriculum to help awaken peace consciousness in a whole dimension as people hunger for (bringing up grade/test performance, health, consciousness and bringing down school violence/depression)!

I highly recommend YOU/everyone looks into the NQA.ORG site to find a teacher from there, (also Universaltao.com, http://www.tao-garden.com/Inst/, the Qigong Alliance or the Qigong Institute). If you happen to attend next year's conference in Maryland, as I plan to, I gaurantee you WILL NOT be disappointed. In fact I guarantee you will be buzzing with joy as I am right now :). I hope to work out with the NQA about more extensive work-study/volunteer opportunities to get the teachings out online next year and to more people/also a student discount.

God speed!
Jake

No comments: