Saturday, August 25, 2007

Goddard College


Tomorrow I am graduating from Goddard college in Plainfield Vermont. This is the the leading progressive higher education institution in America where they offer "emancipated" student-centered education. My final semester adviser, Dr Francis Charet sits on the board of trustees, heads the consciousness studies masters program and leads the school faculty. Dr. Charet tells me that Goddard employs a "holistic and integral" pedagogy and I look forward to asking him about academic resources to learn more about this unique school which has enabled me to study anything within my hearts desire.

Through Goddard I was able to study what my creative mind and searching heart desired to study: preventative and integrative medicine, world peace education, dialog, etc...

Goddard has treated me well - particularly since I also was able to attain 45 credits through "assessment of prior learning" for studies I had done on my own before arriving.


Thank you Goddard and everyone who has supported me through this obtaining a BA! Thank you Tom Pitkin for your vision in creating Goddard and Mark Schulman for being our bold president. Thanks to Francis and Ralph for asking me to humble myself, work on my ego and clarity this final semester. Finally, thanks to Baba Zak Kondo and Sarah Norton for being great advisers - and the team of Lucinda - Bobby for being there as the program directors. My peers? Amazing people!
Much love,
Jake Ritter, class of Fall '007

(Pictured above is the Clock Tower/Vermont Peace Academy building which is our school's logo).

No comments: