Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Department of Peace

Did you know there is a campaign to create a "cabinet level department of peace" in America? Yesterday I spoke with the "Student Peace Alliance" president, Aaron Voldman. Aaron got his start in peace studies at Goddard College's Vermont Peace Academy as a young man, including work with Non Violent communication. You can google the "student peace alliance" to learn about an upcoming conference at Brandeis University in October if you think you might be able to attend!

That, will be great and they will provide awesome speakers and opportunities...also you can stay at a dorm so you wont have to book a hotel! Arun Ghandi will be speaking and judging from the last time I saw him - it will surely be an enlightening and energizing talk!

Anyways, the chair of the board for the campaign on creating a cabinet level department of peace (like a balance to West Point...) is currently Marianne Williamson. The real point of this post was to mention that I stumbled upon an interesting lecture with Marianne at the website of Mystic Caroline Myss. I enjoyed that lecture and maybe you will too?

Also, I have added a link to the campaign at right, you may click it to check that out!

How great would that be to have a department of the government working on peace issues as a focus? Who are the great minds that will make that revolution realized and successful if it is our destiny? How will we do it? Or, perhaps better stated: how will we BE that change? I know I dont want some boring job when I "grow up" so I will keep this in mind and keep organizing for the "campaign" though I do not like the word "campaign" so much as "movement" :)

No comments: