Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The Chinese Goddess and the Sheng Zhen Society

So I was trying to think of some cool things to put on my blog and I remembered this, Kuan Yin the Chinese Goddess of Compassion dance art ...she is the Goddess who protects children and suffering people with her 10,000 arms and hands that have eyes in them, able to reach out to the whole world through kindness/mercy:



While searching for the above, my jaw dropped as I noticed world renown Qi Gong Teacher, Li Jun Feng, has allowed some fabulous content of his to be placed on Youtube. One can now try and practice the first 5 movements of his fabulous healing Qi Gong form! You are in for a treat!

The Kuan Yin standing form is on there as well, as is the Tai Chi Shen Gong... both are wonderously empowering. I own the full version, dvd/vhs copies of his Tai Chi Sheng Gong, Healing Qi Gong and ShengZhen Wuji Yuan Gong. Also, all his great books and poetry are nice...

I feel it is very kind and beneficial that his Sheng Zhen society has put this stuff online for people to taste and even get healed by! it used to be quite secret - and still is to a certain degree...

Also, one can see part of a documentary, a lecture (part two is glowing...part one is good too) and a clip from some impressive training from when Teacher Li was acting in a martial arts flick earlier in his life.

I think you do not want to miss this!

In fact, clear 10 minutes and maybe sit up, taking a deep breath, clear your mind and practice this the qi gong form right in your chair? I dont think you will regret it. Also, just watching the Kuan yin form is powerful without even practicing the movements!


















(Dont worry, you dont have to sit like this if its not comfortable!)

Master Li will be teaching Healing Qi Gong teacher training at the Omega Institute later this fall, I may very well attend. As a side note, I was very happy, today, to learn that my friend Dana attended the "Vajra Yoga Social Action - Teacher Training for at Risk Youth" though Omega... I almost went to this but decided not too, calling and talking with the teacher however... I am glad my friend went as I'll be able to review her notes and practice with her. Also, I'm glad I decided to stay at Goddard for an extra couple days instead, letting me chat with Dr. Art Chickering, the "special assistant" to Goddard's president and author of the book Encouraging Authenticity and Spirituality in Higher Education.
Happy day,
Jake

No comments: